Type of accommodation:
Bungalow / cabaña / ecolodge
Rates: (in US dollars)
$76 – 100
See details about rates below.
Your bungalow overlooks pristine beaches where endangered sea turtle nests are being protected. The gentle waves are perfect for learning to surf. Our loving community welcomes your participation in education projects. The surrounding preserved mangroves and coastal forest host a variety of birds, small mammals, and reptiles, such as the roseate spoonbill (Platalea ajaja) and spectacled caiman (Caiman crocodilus). Guests can go on excursions to volcanoes, markets, and colonial towns. Yoga, therapeutic massages, wholesome food, and good vibes complete an intensely relaxing vacation.
8 beachfront bungalows.
Event space (conferences / parties)
- Serenity Rancho for massages in the ocean breeze
- Yoga Shala for practice and retreats
- Adventure sports
- Bird watching
- Canopy exploration
- Eco / nature / wildlife
- Horseback riding
- Visits to conservation projects
- Volunteers accepted
- Walking / hiking
- Yoga / meditation
- Help us release endangered sea turtle hatchlings from our hatchery into the ocean and save nests from poachers. Leatherback (Dermochelys coriacea) and green turtles (Chelonia mydas) nest between October and February, olive ridley turtles (Lepidochelys olivacea) nest between July and May, and hawksbill turtles (Eretmochelys imbricata) nest between July and October.
- Surf spots for all levels are within walking distance.
Making a Difference
Number of employees:
Percentage of local employees:
- We protect four species of endangered sea turtles by relocating their nests to our hatchery and caring for them until they hatch. We raise awareness and contribute to Fauna and Flora International and other sea turtle conservation initiatives.
- We run a mobile library that lends children books in local villages. We offer arts, cultural, and environmental workshops in a local school once a week and coordinate community projects for education, reforestation, beach clean-ups, and environmental awareness.
- We participate in municipal efforts for coastal zoning, environmental planning, and sustainable tourism development.
- We provide 17 local staff with stable income, continuous education, and a beautiful work environment.
- We source quality and organic products for our restaurant and support local producers and entrepreneurs.
- We have built and run the ecolodge with minimum environmental impact by using renewable materials, conserving water, using solar energy, composting and recycling refuse, and participating in reforestation and dune preservation.
$76 – 100
We have all-inclusive rates with lodging, three wholesome gourmet meals per day with snacks, appetizers, and desserts, and unlimited drinks including bottled beers and freshly squeezed juices.
For more information about rates, please visit:
Nearest international airport:
Nearest local/national airport:
Travel time to nearest airport:
A 4x4 vehicle may be needed between May and October.
Awards or Recognitions
TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, 2012
Additional Web sites
Date This Information Was Provided