Type of destination:
World Heritage Site
Rates: (in US dollars)
$76 – 100
The Best Western Los Andes de America is in the historic center of the city of Cusco--the ancient capital of the Inca Empire, the archeological capital of South America, a center of world cultural heritage, and the oldest inhabited city on the continent.
Cusco is a place that captivates visitors. Just stroll around the Plaza de Armas and the streets nearby to let your senses carry you away and arouse your emotions to an explosion of cultural events rarely seen elsewhere. The architecture, art, music, religion, and customs of Cusco reflect its roots, the outcome of a fusion of Andean and Hispanic cultures. The area also has a unique geography and biodiversity.
The main attractions of the city of Cusco include its museums, churches, colonial houses, the Plaza de Armas, the Cathedral, Qoricancha, and the San Blas District. On the outskirts of Cusco, you can also visit the Inca ruins of Sacsayhuamán, Qenqo, Tambomahcay, Pukapukara, and El Valle Sagrado de los Incas, as well as the Inca citadels of Pisac, Ollantaytambo, and Chincheros, plus traditional markets and Andean villages. There are also adventure activities such as rafting, trail hiking, and climbing. Finally, you can visit Machu Picchu, considered the most important archeological site in America and one of the seven New Wonders of the World.
Heading southeast toward Puno, you can visit the Inca site of Tipón, the Wari de Piquillacta ruins, the village of Andahuaylillas and its church, and Raqchi village with its Inca ruins. Heading northwest toward the jungle, you can go to Quillabamba and visit Pongo de Mainique. To the northeast is Manu National Park, passing by Paucartambo and Tres Cruces on the way. You can also go to Tambopata National Park. The hotel will be happy to help you organize your tours to these destinations.
Transportation - If you make your reservation on our website, we will pick you up at the airport at no additional cost.
- Heating system
- Bathrooms with heated floors
- Hair dryers
- Alarm clocks
- Coffeemakers with complimentary coffee and tea
- Room service
- Adventure sports
- Bird watching
- Guided tours
- Horseback riding
- Mountain climbing
- River rafting / kayaking
- Spiritual / religious
- Volunteers accepted
- Walking / hiking
- Yoga / meditation
Making a Difference
Number of employees:
Percentage of local employees:
- Best Western Los Andes de America has been an environmental steward since 2000, when we were the first hotel in Cusco to implement the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System. In 2008, we complemented our environmental management program with technical support from the Rainforest Alliance in the implementation of best practices for sustainable tourism.
- At our hotel, we use biodegradable products and clean technology, we have reduced the use of resources like water and electricity, and we sort wastes to recycle or reuse them. We also involve our guests in the care and protection of the environment by educating them on the proper use of our services and facilities.
- We actively participate in “Project Retama,” working jointly with the Municipality of Cusco for the sustainable management of urban solid waste.
- We participate in the project “Tourism and Sustainable Development” with the German Technical Cooperation (GTZ). Through this project, our hotel provides space for exhibitions, fairs, and the sale of handicrafts and weavings from artisans of the indigenous communities of Sicuani. This initiative creates direct employment for artisans, bypassing traditional marketing channels and allowing them to make bigger profits on their products.
- We visit Andean highland communities that are not yet in the Cusco tourism circuit to provide socioeconomic support and training events on the benefits of tourism and environmental stewardship.
- Our personnel are from the area and we encourage their personal and professional development, making us an agent of development for the population of Cusco.
$76 – 100
For more information about rates, please visit:
Nearest international airport:
Nearest local/national airport:
Awards or Recognitions
- “3-star hotel in the city of Cusco offering the best service.” Awarded by the Regional Directorate of Foreign Trade and Tourism of Cusco in 2000.
- “Best 3-star hotel in the city of Cusco.” Awarded by the Regional Directorate of Foreign Trade and Tourism of Cusco in 2002, 2003, and 2004.
- “Q’ente Award.” Recognition of best practices in the areas of business management, quality tourism, social, and environmental responsibility. Awarded by the Regional Directorate of Foreign Trade and Tourism of Cusco in 2007, 2009, and 2010.
- “Best of the Best.” Award for the best hotel in the Best Western International Chain, belonging to the top 20% of hotels in Latin America. This award evaluates compliance with international service standards offered by the chain. 2008.
- “Outstanding Customer Care.” This award goes to the three best hotels in the region. It evaluates the quality of experience, overall service, infrastructure, cleanliness, and food, among others. 2008.
- “Eco-Friendly Icon.” Awarded by Best Western International to those hotels in the chain that meet the requirements of international green program criteria for environmental protection. 2012.
Date This Information Was Provided