Type of destination:
Beach / ocean
Farm / ranch / rural
River / lake / wetland
Forest / rainforest
Since 1996, Travel Excellence has offered innovative ideas that allow maximum enjoyment of the natural wealth of our country. As an inbound tour operator, we offer all of the specialized services required to manage a high-quality business, offering customers trips for relaxation, adventure, and education that will make them want to come back again and again. Thanks to the foresight and preparation of our staff, we can proudly say that creativity and attention to the smallest detail are the most important aspects of our daily work. Much more than a tour operator, our company provides opportunities to truly feel the hospitality of Costa Rica, with the professionalism that has always characterized our service.
As a destination management company, our TE Incentives division coordinates complete itineraries including theme parties, hotel reservations, luxury transportation, spectacular excursions, support staff, research and setting preparation, promotional gifts, domestic flights, and any other special requirement. We work hand in hand to design magical experiences that your groups will never forget.
- Rural community-based tourism and sustainable tourism
- Agriculture tours
- Specialized tourism for student and youth groups
- Musical groups and bands
- Meetings and incentive travel
- Educational trips
- Car rental reservations, shuttles, and domestic flights
- Hotel reservations country-wide
- Complete itineraries for families, individuals, and grouos
- Fixed departure itineraries
- Open voucher system
Learn more about Travel Excellence exciting tour itineraries in Costa Rica by visiting the "Additional Information" section below.
- Adventure sports
- Bird watching
- Canopy exploration
- Eco / nature / wildlife
- Educational / research / volunteering
- Guided tours
- Horseback riding
- River rafting / kayaking
- Scuba diving / snorkeling
- Visits to conservation projects
- Volunteers accepted
- Walking / hiking
- Yoga / meditation
Making a Difference
Number of employees:
Percentage of local employees:
- Travel Excellence is committed to preventing and denouncing illegal poaching, captive holding, and feeding of wildlife; we also report sources of pollution in the places where we operate and comply with vehicle emission standards.
- We encourage the use of biodegradable and reusable products.
- We encourage the proper disposal of wastes and promote water and energy conservation.
- We offer products and marketing strategies designed to ensure the sustainability of tourism.
- We involve rural communities in our programs and the direct and complementary services we provide. We also promote sport, socio-cultural, and artistic attractions to contribute to community development.
- Travel Excellence is one of the first tour operators in Costa Rica to be certified by the Certification for Sustainable Tourism (CST) program, achieving the maximum rating possible of five leaves.
Travel Excellence is a member of Tour Operators Promoting Sustainability (TOPS), a specialized global platform of tour operators dedicated to promoting and supporting sustainable tourism in their respective markets.
Nearest international airport:
San Jose (SJO)
As part of the company’s program for continuing improvement, we have the following certifications and memberships that support our spirit of service and the sustainability of our daily operation:
- ISO 9001:2008 certification (quality management systems), as the first inbound tour operator of Costa Rica and the region to obtain it.
- The Certificate for Sustainable Tourism (CST), awarded by the Costa Rican Tourism Institute. We have a five-leaf rating, the highest rating possible.
- We have a carbon neutral management system and for this we earned the INTE 12-01-06:2011 certification, making us the first company in the tourism sector to receive this recognition.
Awards or Recognitions
Award for Leadership toward Carbon Neutrality (recognition from the Government of Costa Rica), 2012.
- Pathway to Excellence Award from the Chamber of Industries of Costa Rica, 2012
- "Best service company in the small/medium category," awarded by the National Chamber of Commerce, 2011.
- "Best promotional material," awarded by the Costa Rican Association of Tourism Professionals, 2002.
Date This Information Was Provided